Discovery Update Service: Firewall Advance Security
If firewall settings are blocking Discovery Update Service from connecting, you may set an inbound rule to allow the service to run without turning off your firewall settings.
To set Firewall Advance Security:
- Open Windows Firewall settings: \Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Windows Firewall
- From the Control Panel Home list on the left, choose Advanced Settings. This opens up the "Windows Firewall with Advanced Security" settings.
- From the left panel choose Inbound Rules
- From the Actions panel choose New Rule
- For Rule Type choose Program and click Next
- Under Program choose This program path and browse to the following path: C:\Program Files\Discovery Software\Destinations\Discovery Update Service then select Discovery Update Service.exe and click Next
- Under Action choose Allow the connection and click Next
- Under Profile select that all rules apply Domain, Private and Public and click Next
- For Name type Discovery Update Service
- For Description type "Principalm" (this is optional) click Finish
This will create an inbound rule to allow the Discovery Update Service to connect, so that you may sync your mobile devices to the computer running SIS Liberty.