SISWin Bridge Setup
To begin using DSL's
Bridge for SIS Win there are a few things you will need to
set-up at your school/district before you begin:
- You must set up SIS Liberty on a computer that has network access to the computer that has your SIS Win data.
Once you have selected SIS Win as your bridge from the bridge
drop-down, you should see a new list of parameters:
- SISWin Folder: This is the location of the SIS
Win data, you can browse (click the ellipses) or enter the
Click the Test button to test your settings. Test results should appear in the "Test Results" section
- Connection Successful.: This message indicates success. Your connection is now ready to use.
- If the connection fails there should be some indication of what
went wrong. More information can be obtained from the
If you need more general information about the layout of this
tab please see:
Discovery's SIS Liberty: Sources Tab
Basic Schools Tab
Any Discovery Licenses that exist in the License folder at:
\Documents\DiscoverySoftware\Licenses will automatically be added into the Schools list
- Click Add to add your first school by locating your schools license key, provided by Discovery Care (if not automatically imported)
- Source: Select your source from the connection drop-down and you should see a new list of parameters:
Under School Information:
There may be a short delay while the parameters load, once loaded make you selection from the drop-down:
- School Number: The School number drop-down will be populated with a list of all possible schools in the database.
- School Year: The School yeardrop-down will be populated with a list of all possible school years for the chosen School (populated once school is selected) in the database.
Under SISWin Configuration:
- Changed StdKey: Check this to indicate if you
wish to mask (hide) the student key information, useful if the
Student Key is the SSN. Once checked you can also enter the name of
the field you would prefer to display instead of the Student Key
(such as "LunIDPin"). The image below shows how the screen changes
once you select the check-box, to allow you to enter the field
Once configured, click the Test button to test your configuration
Test results should appear in the "Test Results" section:
- School Validated.: This is the success message, this indicates your setup is working
In general if you do not receive a School Validated message, there should be some indication of what went wrong. More information can be obtained from the logs or you may contact Discovery Support for assistance.
To set up school photos see:
DSL's SIS Liberty: Schools Photo tab
If you need more general information about the layout of schools
tab please see:
DSL's SIS Liberty: Schools Tab