eSchoolPlus Bridge Setup
To begin using DSL's Bridge for eSchoolPlus there are a few things you will need to set-up at your school/district before you begin:
- You must set up SIS Liberty on a computer that has network access to the eSchoolPlus database.
- You must set up an ODBC connection to the SQL server that eSchoolPlus is housed on. See Setup: MS SQL Serverfor more info
- If your database is not stored locally, please contact Discovery Support for more info on running SIS Liberty with cognos reports
Extracted by: Select eSchoolPlus as your bridge
from the bridge drop-down and you should see a new list of
Name: Enter a name for this source (i.e; eSchoolPlus)
Data Source Name and Login Information
- ODBC DSN: Enter the name of the ODBC DSN created for this source
- Username: Enter the username for the ODBC DSN
- Password: Enter the password for the ODBC DSN
Click the Test button to test your settings.
Test results should appear in the "Test Results" section
- Connection Successful: This message indicates success. Your connection is now ready to use.
- If the connection fails there should be some indication of what
went wrong. More information can be obtained from the
If you need more general information about the layout of this
tab please see:
Discovery's SIS Liberty: Sources Tab
Schools: Basic tab
Any Discovery Licenses that exist in the License folder at:
\Documents\DiscoverySoftware\Licenses will automatically be added into the Schools list
- Click Add to add your first school by locating your schools license key, provided by Discovery Care(if not automatically imported)
- Source: Select your source from the connection drop-down and you should see a new list of parameters:
There may be a short delay while the parameters load, once loaded make your selection from the drop-down:
- District: The district drop-down will be populated with a list of all possible districts in the database.
- Building: The building number drop-down will be populated with a list of all possible schools in the database
- Student Custom: Check this field box if you want to export student custom fields
- By Building: Check this field box if you want to export staff info by building ID number
Once configured, click the Test button to test
Test results should appear in the "Test Results" section:
- School Validated: This is the success message, this indicates your setup is working
In general if you do not receive a School Validated message, there should be some indication of what went wrong. More information can be obtained from the logs or you may contact Discovery Support for assistance.
To set up school photos see:
DSL's SIS Liberty: Schools Photo tab
If you need more general information about the layout of schools
tab please see:
Discovery's SIS Liberty: Schools Tab